Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ghost Town in the Sky...to the Tweetsie Railroad...to Grandfather Mountain...



On my last three posts I introduced you to places in the mountains that you can visit. I know…I know…but honestly I can say that one of my favorite places to go to is the mountains, whether it’s during the winter time, fall, summer or spring. Once you start going to the mountains, you’re gonna always want to go back. Sadly, the mountains is not the only fun place you can go to in North Carolina, so this will be my last post where I will speak about the mountains :(


(Yes…I am in love with the mountains!)

        Today I will introduce you to “Ghost Town in the Sky” and its Catalooche Ski Area, “Tweetsie Railroad” and “Grandfather Mountain State Park.” Ghost Town in the Sky is actually an amusement park in the town of Maggie Valley. The park is located at the very top of a mountain and the only way to get to the park is via a chair lift. Not only do families get to enjoy the many rides but you get to experience life at a Wild West town. The park will also include in 2014, Holy Land, which will be something like Jerusalem…can’t wait!




        Near Ghost Town, you have the Catalooche Ski Area. If you want to go skiing or snowboarding or even want to learn, the Catalooche Ski Area because they offer classes. This place is just sooo A-MAZING! I definitely recommend it!


       Another amusement park or theme park is Tweetsie Railroad. At Tweetsie, the parents along with their children get to explore the park and enjoy the rides and trains! There’s an endless list of rides but the park also offers other fun activities, live entertainment, a ZOO, and surprising events. Again you get to experience a Wilde West train adventure! 


        One of my favorite places to visit in the mountains is Grandfather Mountain! Here at Grandfather you can walk on a Swinging Bridge, yes scary, and get to the other side of the mountain…well actually you have to cross the bridge in order to get out. This peak is actually the tallest in the Blue Ridge, and although it is scary, the view is beautiful! You can go on many trails, hikes and nature walks or also visit the nature museums and wildlife habitats. If you’re like me, you can always end up in the Fudge Shop, yes…my favorite spot at Grandfather’s!




No comments:

Post a Comment